The EU-funded project "Business and Human Rights in Trade Relations and Global Supply Chains in Vietnam" (5/2018-12/2021) implemented by FES in cooperation with the Centre for Development and Integration (CDI) is part of FES and CDI's continuous effort to enhance the rights of workers in global supply chains of Vietnam's major manufacturing sectors (garment, footwear, and electronics) through:
- Increased understanding and application of the United Nations' Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights (UNPG) by all relevant stakeholders including the government, business community, trade unions and civil society.
- Adequate, constructive and effective participation of trade unions, business and civil society in the discussion on the linkages between trade and international labour standards in the context of the EVFTA's Trade and Sustainable Development Chapter.
In the final year of the project, it is among our priorities together with our partners to support the establishment process of the Domestic Advisory Group under the framework of the EVFTA and contribute to the development of a National Action Plan to implement the UNGP framework.
- Develop and implement activities under the scope of the EU-funded project
- Oversee project budget and logical framework to ensure the pre-defined outputs and objectives are met in financially sound manner
- Coordinate the cooperation with labour agencies including the Ministry of Labour and the Vietnam General Confederation of Labour
- Coordinate the cooperation with the labour research network
- Regular report and update to FES Vietnam Resident representative
- Drafting mid-term and final reports to the EU Delegation in Vietnam using EU standard reporting forms
- Communicate project's activities and achievement on website, social media and/or other media outlet
- Control the editing and lay-out quality of studies, publications; conducting minor editing and translation when necessary
- MA degree, preferably in political and social sciences, international relations, economics or related fields
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Vietnamese; a good command of German would be an advantage
- Sound knowledge on corporate social responsibility, labour relations, business and human rights issues in the Vietnam and international contexts
- At least 5 years of experience in policy advocacy, multi-stakeholder engagement; work experience in an EU-funded project would be an advantage
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- Strong team orientation and a value-driven, socially minded attitude
- Excellent working conditions
- A supportive, dynamic and international environment at both FES Vietnam office and through regular exchanges with FES offices in Germany and the region
- Competitive fixed salary, private health insurance and other benefits
- Opportunities for capacity building and self-development
- Domestic and international travel opportunities
- Possibility for contract extension
Please send an application dossier including cover letter, CV and relevant supporting documents through email to mail(at)fes-vietnam.org
The deadline for submission of application is Friday, 12 March 2021
Short-listed candidates will be contacted within 2 weeks after the deadline.
Download the full ToR here