Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung in Vietnam seeks to contract a full-time Project Coordinator for the FES Climate Change and Energy project. The position is based in the FES Vietnam office in Hanoi. The successful candidate should be able to start as soon as possible.
Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) is the oldest political foundation in Germany. With an international network of more than 100 offices worldwide, FES contributes to fostering the core values of social democracy - freedom, solidarity and social justice. Moreover, FES offices throughout the world have been promoting sustainable development models for many years. In 2010, FES established a new global working line focusing on climate justice and social-ecological-transformation.
As one of the first international non-profit organisations to work in Vietnam, FES has built a close cooperation with a range of Vietnamese partner organizations who form the backbone of FES’ work in Vietnam. FES engages in a political dialogue and promotes participatory decision making in a number of essential policy fields - ranging from economic, social and labor policy to gender equality, climate change and energy.
Since 2015, FES Vietnam has also served as the regional hub in Asia for climate change, energy, and the environment for the global FES Climate Change and Energy Project.
The Project Coordinator’s tasks shall include but are not limited to the following:
- Preparation, implementation, and follow-up of activities in the field of climate change, energy, and environmental protection
- Cooperate closely and maintain pro-actively a good working relationship with FES´ partner organizations, such as the Vietnam Union of Workers in Industry and Trade (VUIT), the Vietnam Union of Science and Technology Associations (VUSTA), the Vietnam Climate Change Working Group and the Climate Action Network Southeast Asia (CAN SEA) amongst others
- Financial and administrative work related to the implementation of activities
- Independent writing of reports on activities, interpretation, translation of workshop and other documents
- Accompanying FES´ delegations on study tours abroad and work as interpreter to international experts and delegations visiting Vietnam
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience working for/with international organizations or agencies in the field of climate change, energy and/or environment, national governmental bodies and regional CSO networks.
- Master’s Degree ideally in a subject related to at least one of the following fields: political science/ international relations with a focus on climate change, environmental sciences, natural resource management
- Profound knowledge on Vietnamese policies and legislation on climate change and energy as well as a strong interest in regional developments on climate change
- Strong technical expertise in the area of development and implementation of climate change and energy policies and projects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Vietnamese, language skills in German are an asset
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, under pressure and to meet tight deadlines
FES offers good working conditions, a multi-cultural working environment, competitive benefits, and compensation.
Interested candidates are invited to send the application in English, including copies of relevant certificates and references, either by email to mail(at)fes-vietnam.org or by post to:
Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung Vietnam, 7 Ba Huyen Thanh Quan, Ba Dinh, Hanoi
The deadline for submission of applications is 12th September 2021. Short-listed candidates will be contacted within 2 weeks after the deadline.